The simulation of the material flow reduces the go-live risk in automation projects. Short project durations and increased complexity in the warehouse and material flow systems drive the risk of "less than completely operational" facilities at the planned start time into ever-increasing heights. If the coordination of the different components with the warehouse management software is not tested under near-real operational conditions and full utilization, problems will often only show up in the go-live phase or at the beginning of operational use by the customer. Only early interface and performance tests under near-real operational conditions achieve help here through the use of a test environment that is representative of the planned, complete system, but without the conveyor and warehouse technology having to be physically available.
inconso can also support you in new and reengineering projects by setting up a test environment and simulating the new processes.
//// Goals of the Simulation
- Software verification in the test phase
- Testing of SAP EWM / SAP LES without availability of the automated CT (PLC)
- Tests repeatable at any time and parallel to the operations in the warehouse
- Stabile SAP EWM / SAP LES when the tests with the physical equipment begins
- Indentifcal representation of CT telegrams/messages and time intervals
//// Advantages of Simulation
- Reduced test effort with the equipment
- Shorter implementation time
- Reduced project costs
- Easier validations
- High software quality for productive use
- Miminization of implementation risks
- Use for training and future software adaptations