Storage and transport of dangerous materials requires a high level of security. This is mirrored in the numerous regulations and laws that must be adhered to. In addition, security and regulation relevant master data must be maintained and updated permanently. Both the goods receiving and the goods issue processes must be designed and operated to meet these security standards:
Storage strategies must consider combination restrictions and quantity limitations that the legal allowances or the VCI combination matrix for dangerous goods require. Latest when the store-out of the materials for transportation takes place, the required labels have to be applied and the transport and material documents required by the current dangerous goods regulations for transportation printed in the required languages. Also, the loading combination regulations must be checked.
inconsoDGM (Dangerous Goods Management) offers an effective and streamlined solution for your Dangerous Materials and Goods Management.
//// Functions Overview
- Management and maintenance of specific master data for dangerous materials and goods
- Maintenance of text fields in different languages via field dependent text templates
- Checking of combination possibility of material and warehouse location during warehouse bookings
- Check for allowed load consolidation of dangerous goods for transports
- Consideration of transport relief according to ADR 18.104.22.168 („1000 points rule“) and the exempt or limited quantity (EQ, LQ)
- Printing of dangerous goods relevant transport documents
inconsoDGM already takes into account the GHS.